It happens at a moments notice. The birth of a baby, a deployment, sickness and even deaths. How lovely it is to comfort during these times by bringing a meal. Sometimes, just scheduling the meal deliveries can be a challenge. There are some great programs online to help schedule meal deliveries. One I enjoy using is Meal Train. It allows you to schedule out in advance and for people to sign up for days to bring food. It even lets you put what allergies they have and food preferences. This can help alleviate 5 nights of spaghetti or lasagna!
Here are 12 Recipes shared by bloggers that are great for bringing to others:
1. Creamy Baked Mac & Cheese by The Love Nerds
2. Something unique and easy enough to make for others: Meat Muffins by VirginiaGeorge.com .
3. Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole by Day By Day In Our World
4. A container of warm soup would do the trick!
Here’s Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup by Mommy’s Playbook
5. For those that are gluten-free (like us!) here is a Spanish Rice Casserole that looks delicious by The Chaos & Clutter.
6. The next yummy dish is Baked Cheeseburger and Mushroom Pasta by
Confessions of an Over Worked Mom
7. BBQ Chicken Sandwiches- yes please! By Hi! It’s Jilly
8. and one more from her blog: Baked Penne
9. Know someone with a cold? Try this “cold busting” Miso Soup by So There
10. A Slow Cooker Pot Roast by My Real Food Family
(I always love a good crock pot recipe!)
11. Easy Calazone- sure to please a family!
by Nate and Rachel at Nothing if not Intentional
12. Another fabulous gluten free recipe: Chicken Ranch Casserole by The Peaceful Mom
And last but not least are free printables for labels and tags to put on your meals, a loving touch that will dress them up!