Lent is a beautiful time of spiritual preparation for the pinnacle feast of the year- Easter. It is more than giving up chocolates or cola, but about taking a profound look at our daily lives and seeing the areas we can improve on from fasting and charity to spirituality. Here are some ideas for lent for families from decorating to spiritual exercises. I hope they may serve as an inspiration to you and may help deepen the Lenten experience. Click on the pictures below to be forwarded to the full sites explaining each activity.
1. A Circular Lenten Wreath With Daily Family Devotionals, found at weelittlemiracles.com
2. A Lenten Family Prayer Jar also found on weemiracles.com
3. A Lenten Wreath with additional ideas for kids activities by A Blessed Journey.
4. Almsgiving Activity for Lent- lot’s of kids activity ideas and free printables from Catholicicing.com
5. Lenten Calendar Idea from These Forty Days.
6. Crown of Thorns by Waltzing Matilda. Each sacrafice or prayer made during lent,
you take a “thorn” out of the crown.
7. Family At The Foot Of The Cross features many inspiring home decor, including this Lenten centerpeice.
8. On The Way Home features this lenten centerpiece and door wreath. Simple and elegant.